Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I open my 50Gb of GoPro footage in iMovie?

Last week whilst snowboarding, I took out my GoPro HD Hero 2 and collected a few hour's footage each day.

I now have around 50Gb of footage in 720p/60fps and would like to edit it in iMovie '11.

I think this is a pretty simple request. What the Merry **** am I meant to do?

I expected to be able to browse to my external 4tb hard-drive within iMovie and see it sitting there ready to edit. Apparently not.

I then clicked on 'import' on just ONE folder (it's divided into five, Monday-Friday) and it took two hours to 'import', then won't even turn up in the browser anyway (even I can see hideously large .mov copies of these files in Finder.

Why on EARTH should I be doing anything more than browsing to my footage on my external hard-drive and editing it straight into my film?

What am I meant to do?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 4:07 PM

3 replies

How do I open my 50Gb of GoPro footage in iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.