TS4036: iCloud: Troubleshooting restoring an iCloud backupLearn about iCloud: Troubleshooting restoring an iCloud backup
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 1, 2013 5:37 PM (in response to Triciateh)
What data is being overwritten by iCloud? Just contacts another specific data type or is it all your iCloud data?
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 1, 2013 5:52 PM (in response to Triciateh)
This is a variation of an approach that has worked for successfully for just contacts in order to deal with your situation where all data is being overwritten:
- Ensure the device is connected to your local network.
- Start the restore from iCloud back up.
- Allow the devices settings to restore (watch for the confirmation of completion).
- As the apps begin to restore pull the internet connection to your router (the WAN port) so it no longer has an internet connection.
- Wait for the time out confirmation.
- Navigate to settings > iCloud and turn off all your iCloud data syncing (contacts, etc.) syncing, when prompted be sure to choose Keep on My iDevice.
- Reconnect the router to the internet and let the restore process complete.
- At this point you could delete all the iCloud data in the existing accout from iCloud.com on a computer but it would be far easier to go to Settings>iCloud and set up a new (empty) iCloud account with a new ID.
- Navigate to Settings > iCloud and turn on your iCloud data syncing, choosing Merge when prompted.