Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[iPhone 4s] WiFi issue

Thisis make me angry on apple, and I am going to switch to Android. I had a update 6.1 today and from years they could not fix one little ting. WiFi. Every time I put my iPhone 4s on flight mode, or jut switch off, my WiFi despair! The have no brains? Can't programm. I can do dgis!

iOS 6.1, WiFi fucked up

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 5:50 PM

What's wrong with the wifi?

You do know that you can turn the wifi back on when the phone is in Airplane mode right?

13 replies

Mar 3, 2015 7:25 AM in response to dylesid

I have the same problem. I think I have tried most suggestions I've read elsewhere, with the exception of the hot air reflowing trick. I suppose it could be a hardware problem, but this hardware problem never occurred with iOS 7 and 8.1.2 and earlier, only with 8.1.3, which makes me think it is a software problem (or perhaps there is some new hardware threshold enforced in 8.1.3?).

I have tried

- resetting the network settings - sometimes this works for a few minutes, then I lose the connection again. sometimes resetting the network settings will re-enable the Wi-Fi button, sometimes not.

- set to airplane mode, reset (Sleep/wake + Home for 10 seconds), then turn off airplane mode - sometimes this disables the wi-fi button and sometimes this fixes the problem for a few seconds or minutes. If I do the airplane mode trick a few times, eventually the Wi-Fi button will be enabled, and sometimes the network will be found and sometimes not.

- clean install of 8.1.3 as a new phone - had no impact on this problem - wireless networks still not found

- turning off Privacy:Location Services:System Services:Wi-fi Networking - did not resolve the problem

I have experienced multiple symptoms

- able to connect but connection is dropped with in a few seconds; sometimes connection will be re-established for a few seconds then be dropped again. Once the connection has been dropped for a few minutes, it usually doesn't come back

- Wi-Fi button disabled (grayed out, so I can't turn Wi-Fi on)

- Wi-Fi button is enabled and can be turned on, but no wireless networks are discovered

- If I try to manually add the network, I usually get an error that says ... i forget exactly

- I tried setting a static ip address and once that did not work at all (errors connecting) and once it did work for a few seconds before the connection was lost

- Sometimes the Wi-Fi settings panels are VERY VERY slow, e.g. I"ll press the Wi-Fi button and it will take a long time to open the Networking panel

whether it is a software issue or hardware issue???

Any solution please help....

[iPhone 4s] WiFi issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.