Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i reset the menu bar to its default, like a new mac

How do i reset the menu bar to its very default like how it was when i got my mac?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 8:10 PM

What Menu Bar are you talking about?

GB

13 replies

Feb 1, 2013 9:43 PM in response to yong_yun_jing

Any changes you would make to your desktop would be in the System Preferences under the Apple. However, from what I can see, there is no way to change the color of the menu bar itself....

The article you were looking at is archived (i.e., old). Here is a link to the current article for OS X (which you have indicated you are running on your Mac).

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3737

I'm not sure what you mean that it looks "inverted"....

Any way you can provide an image of what you are seeing?

Cheers,

GB

May 11, 2013 8:22 PM in response to laith asia

Hi laith,

You need to provide a screenshot of what you are referring to. The original post for this question was raised in February, and I provided a link to the Apple Support page that refers to the Menu bar and it's settings. What settings are not "default"? What do you see listed, from left to right, on the menu bar? Which ones do you think do not belong there.

If you can provide a screenshot, that would be helpful: Shift+Command+Spacebar will select the page, or portion of the page, and then clicking will take a shot. You then need to click on the camera above (to the left of the "A" and the emoticon, and then select your screenshot by browsing the Finder - it should be listed at the top of "All My Files" in your Finder:

User uploaded file

Cheers,

GB

how do i reset the menu bar to its default, like a new mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.