Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPSEC VPN, Checkpoint, and Aggressive mode

Hi,

I'm trying to make OSX 10.4.6 and IPSecuritas 2.1 make a VPN connection to a Checkpoint NGX (R60) firewall. This worked with a previous version of the firewall R54 with no issues. With R60, Checkpoint has disabled IKE Phase I aggressive mode. Aggressive mode is supposed to be a known security hole that can allow attackers to hijack VPN connections.

Several questions come to mind. Is the IPSEC support in 10.4.6 a full implemention of IPSEC, including Phase I Main and/or Base modes? I can't seem to get IPSecuritas to get past Phase I without Aggressive mode turned on in the client.

If Main is not supported in 10.4.6, is Apple going to include it? I'm a little confused because I'm not exactly an IPSEC expert and I'm not sure how IPSecuritas interfaces with the base IPSEC support in Tiger. In other words, I don't know if this is a Tiger problem, and IPSecuritas problem, or both.

Thanks for any help.

Brian.

MacBook Pro Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on May 11, 2006 6:43 AM

There are no replies.

IPSEC VPN, Checkpoint, and Aggressive mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.