Ok, is my first time within the support comunities, sorry if misbehave. I have this same issue with Airport Extreme disk since Mountain Lion and is plain horrible. I was hoping for a fix and meanwhile I reduced my network drive usage to a minimum , any less than that I could just put it aside... I'm glad we opened this discussion and hope apple will join in and give us a fix.
From Apple here I guess not but why not ... lol
Since few days now I have changed the way I manage my datas :
- business files daily saved on an USB storage
- homedirectories files burned at least once a month on DVDs or BDs (depending on the quantity)
- avoid from now distant storages :
1. on shares in my network due to slowness described in the title of this discussion ...
2. on cloud solutions like iCloud or Dropbox, because this really makes me anxious with datas that do not belong to me anymore
OK maybe this is a little bit retrograde, however, I really feel to master again all my datas.