Need your advice. Let me share with you my existing setup and new environment first. The ultimate things that I want to achieve are the performance and potential to scale for my photos in iPhoto library
- 50,000 pics with around 500G file size in my" Original Photo Folder "
- 256G SSD - running "iphoto application" and "iPhoto library(35G)"
- 1T external hard disk to store my " Original Photo Folder"(500G)
- Turn off " copying photos into the iphoto library" in the advance setting
- Latest version of iphoto application
- Must live with iPhoto Application due to Apple TV
- 3T Fusion drive - will put iphoto application + iphoto library + Original photo folder together at one place
- Believe will continue to Turn off " copying photos into the iphoto library" in the advance setting to order to save the storage.
- Improve performance in iphoto ( believe everything sitting together in the same drive will further improve the performance !?)
- Scalability and Flexibility to move to larger HArd Disk in the future( believe "iphoto library" + " Original photo folder " can see as a package and I can move to other Hard disk in the future by leveraging Time Machine easily
- Need to remain all the rating , sorting , smart album , in the new environment.( I am not able to do the rating and sorting again so it just too much)
ThumbNail , Rating, smart albums, sorting are existed but they are all "Missing the path" to the Orginal Photo when I only copy the "Orginal Photo Folder" from 1T External Hard Disk to "Fusion Drive"
How am I able to find the 50000 pics missing path?
What is the best way to migrate the "Orginal Photo FOlder" from external Hard Disk to "Fusion or Internal Hard Disk"
Am I doing the right thing overall to 1) improve iPhoto perforamnce, 2) easily to move to another Hard Disk in the future, 3) Keep all the rating in iPhoto.