Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This article makes no mention of the OS X 10.8.x requirement

This article makes no mention of the OS X 10.8.x requirement, but it's required for airplay mirroring to work on proper Apple models, no? I've found information on other forums that point to this being my problem. I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro, OS X 10.7.5, and 3rd gen Apple TV with 5.1 software, and I get no option for airplay mirroring in my Displays Preferences.

This article references the OS X 10.8 requirement: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4575616

I guess it irks me that they just don't mention it upfront in the article the OS X version necessary to make this mirroring work.

I've tried out AirParrot, and it works great. Resolution is OK, not fabulous. Before I spend the $20 on upgrading to OS X 10.8, I'd like to know if I'm going to get better resolution on my Apple TV, or if it will look similar to AirParrot. Has anyone compared this?

Airplay mirroring, AirParrot, OS X

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 4:12 AM

2 replies

Feb 2, 2013 4:49 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

True, and that part works fine, I guess I just misunderstood the whole Mountain Lion thing. Being new to Apple world, I thought my 10.7.5 WAS mountain lion and that I just needed to install a later version.

I would like to stream straight from my Movies folder, rather than moving everything to iTunes. And there's a few things I'd like to mirror from my desktop as well. It works with AirParrot, but would like to know how the resolution in the Mountain Lion mirroring compares to the Airparrot mirroring.

This article makes no mention of the OS X 10.8.x requirement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.