Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini vibrate? Alternate solutions?

I'm so disappointed. I just got my iPad mini and I'm deaf. I need vibrate alerts for texts and email bc some apps don't let the regular notification alerts disturb you.

I can't send it back bc I already traded in my iPad 2.

Any alternate suggestions, please, for a way to make it vibrate for texts and email?

I don't really need the mini if it isn't a fully-functioning device for the hearing disabled.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 5:46 AM

5 replies

Feb 2, 2013 6:09 AM in response to JimHdk

What's the point of having it, if it is not accessible to the disabled? I bought it for its portability. Would you like to pay a phone bill and not use it as a phone?

If you don't have hearing problems, you don't know what it's like.

I have an iPhone. This mini was supposed to enhance my communications. I paid enough for it.

Jun 21, 2013 9:42 AM in response to huntfor

I think you will find that most communications can go to both iPad and iPhone, so the iPhone alerts you, but you respond on the iPad.

There is a solution that looks quite cool, the Pebble. http://getpebble.com/

It must be tough being deaf. I'm not at that stage yet, but I have had lip reading lessons. Have you tried using Google Translate on iOS to transcribe spoken language... English or otherwise? It's amazing.

I honestly think that Apple are pretty good with disabled features. As Jim says, there is always the iPhone that does vibrate and flash alert, and it wouldn't make sense for them to put a vibrator on absolutely every device they sell; it would drive up the price and size of everything.

Jun 21, 2013 9:48 AM in response to tryitonabreadboard

Yes, I already do this. I let the phone flash, pick it up to see if it's something interesting (haha) and if it is, I reply by using Siri on my iPad mini. I lost my hearing when I was five, so I speak normally and actually I'm "only" 80% deaf. (ugh).

I can't drag them both along with me, along with all the other junk women have to carry around. lol.

I use Google translate for other languages. I'm good at languages. Go figure!

iPad mini vibrate? Alternate solutions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.