Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reordering problem of RTL text

Hi,

In the mail App every time I use english words between arabic/farsi text, after sending the mail order of text becomes messy. Also when I save same kind of text in Textedit app and someone else makes some changes to it in PC, same result happens when I open the edited file in OSX.

What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 7:52 AM

It would be useful if you could use the Camera icon to post photos of what you are seeing.

Mixed rtl/ltr text can be a challenge for many apps and across platforms. Have you used the text direction controls (in Mail, Format > Alignment > Writing Direction, in TextEdit, Format > Text > Writing Direction) with the different parts of the text?

What format are you using to send to the PC user? What app are they using to modify it? What format and app are you opening it with when it comes back?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2013 7:52 AM in response to bmntype

It would be useful if you could use the Camera icon to post photos of what you are seeing.

Mixed rtl/ltr text can be a challenge for many apps and across platforms. Have you used the text direction controls (in Mail, Format > Alignment > Writing Direction, in TextEdit, Format > Text > Writing Direction) with the different parts of the text?

What format are you using to send to the PC user? What app are they using to modify it? What format and app are you opening it with when it comes back?

Feb 2, 2013 12:27 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Tom,

I used "Writing Direction" menu item and it solved the problem in Mail app. By the way I used rtf format in mac and on the pc the document was edieted with word and saved under doc format. I don't have access to pc right now but I'll test it and make sure if the "Writing Direction" menu item solves the problem there too.

Many thanks 🙂

Reordering problem of RTL text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.