Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I follow the above but after a short time I get a message saying the the iPod has a pass code and cannot connect to iTunes? Any further info would be good

I follow the instructions to reset the iPod touch but after a short while I get a message saying the iPod has a pass code and can not use iTunes? This is my daughters iPod touch and has never been connected to iTunes before? Help please she is so upset.

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 8:27 AM

If it has a pass code and you don't know it you will need to do a restore on it, this will erase everything on it, but you can re download your past purchases for free.

5 replies

Feb 3, 2013 2:07 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the help guys, I've tried both your reply's and a couple of times the same message keeps appearing? This iPod is locked with a pass code ? After about 20 mins of the recovery mode process?

I now have 49 mins of a 2 hours download left hopefully this will work this time if the message re-appears do I just keep trying?

Thanks again.

Feb 3, 2013 3:11 AM in response to lllaass

Many thanks,

It has finally worked the trouble I was having was not waiting for the download before re-connecting the iPod. I disconnected it when the warning about the pass code came up then let the download Finnish then re-connect the iPod and now it's installing. Happy days no more moaning and groaning from my little one.

Many thanks again

I follow the above but after a short time I get a message saying the the iPod has a pass code and cannot connect to iTunes? Any further info would be good

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.