========Mac OS X Help
Isolating Issues in Mac OS
Get Help with your Product
Mac OS X & Mountain Lion Community
Startup Manager: How to select a startup volume
Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on
Ports. As in.... USB? Thunderbolt? video? other.
What year and make model.
About This Mac... More Info... System Profile
- will show MacBook Pro x,y and other hardware specs, OS, et c.
( exlude serial number of course, never post online )
What you did / when it started / was it after you installed an update / after a storm knocked out power and modem.... ???
Will attempt to elaborate:
(1) Dropping Bluetooh Discovery...Samsung GT-S569OL...Cell connects, then, disconnects? Keep getting msg...Bluetooth needs your attention! Makes me Nuts! Worked b4...so, don't know why now? And, when I click on "Sharing", nothing happens anymore? I'm not proficient with my MacBookPro to have changed anything!
(2) Quicktime Player doesn't open when I try to open it?
(3) Thumbdrives, PNP 8gb are not recognized via USB? Nor are the Micro Reader/Card Reader?
(4) Storage System---Toshiba--Verify or Repair Failed???
(5) Created Music/Photo Video but...Unable to Burn CD?
(6) Copy/Paste doesn't work anymore?
(7) Have System Backup to 500gb External Drive but...how do I choose what to restore?
First, run Disk Utility ( Repair Disk ) on all your drives.
If your Boot Drive cannot be repaired, you may need to invoke Recovery_HD by holding down Command-R at Startup:
A system Re-Install may be needed in the near future.
The community here is good at discussing and addressing discrete problems. Your system is a mess, and you may need the kind of help only available at the Genius Bar.