Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't recover my mini

Hi all,

My macmini won't jump into recovery boot sequence. I tried everything but I cant boot it to recover either from recovery HD ( start with option key) or start with cmd+r for recovery mode nor with the cmd+option+r for internet recovery.

The cmd+r sequence is totally dead. It comes directly after the apple logo and the spinning wheel into e white screen and thats it

The option key sequence let me choose the recovery HD but ends agaiin the white screen and game over

And the cmd+option+r sequence comes up twith the rotating earth ... Load a lot (30 mins) and than goes directly to the white screen and ...nirvana

Ok, I am not an expert but it seems to be a problem with the boot itselves independend which kind of source. I always thought that recovery mode is something which is always accessable but i learned today that this is not always the case....

I did already a SCM reset, a PRAM reset, a successful normal Hardware test ( 50 s "D" key) , again the intensive Hardware test finished successful without any errors and no glue what to do next...

Please som ideas?

Thx guys

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 7:55 AM

9 replies

Feb 4, 2013 9:39 AM in response to bootloader

Yes... and I replaced my harddisk today but the same thing... after download section in the internet recovery mode the apple icon comes (with the left side pink??? ..no joke...crazy!!!) and the wheel is turning.... some seconds later black screen (seem to be normal ) and then istead of any further proceedures the WHITE SCREEN comes and it stays since 30 minutes at least....

Feb 4, 2013 9:41 AM in response to BDAqua

no apple care anymore!... I replaced my harddisk today but still the same thing...

I started again today with a used 80GB HDD in the "Internet Recovery Mode"... after the download section the apple icon comes (with the left side pink??? ..no joke...crazy!!!) and the wheel is turning.... some seconds later black screen (seem to be normal ) and then istead of any further proceedures the WHITE SCREEN comes and it stays since 40 minutes at least....

Can't recover my mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.