Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

opticals drive disappeared in my Windows 8 computer. After 1-1/2 on the phone this was corrected but now my Itunes don't recognize the drive. Error message stating registry errors. I tried running in windows 7 compatibility mode that don't work.

Purchased a new Ipad for my wife and integrated it with my windows 7 system and Itunes and made it through. Was able to sync and bring pictures, contacts and bookmarks over. Not to say it was easy because I never used any Apple product except my Ipad and Itunes. Really enjoyed using the Ipad and was thinking of getting a new Iphone this week being my contract is up.

Then the trouble began I bought a new windows 8 system after having trouble with my old hard drive. I have finances and Tax programs I use that I thought would be easier to continue using windows rather than trying integrating past years Quicken & Turbo Tax information into a new Apple system.

Well now I'm sorry I bought the new windows 8 system. First all my optical drives disappeared when installing itunes. After spending 1-1/2 on the phone with a service rep and finally was able to see my optical drive I thought everything was OK. Then more trouble. When I open Itunes I receive an error message that says my Itunes no longer recognizes my optical drive try reinstalling. I reinstalled 10 times and tried compatibility mode and the end result is my Itunes no longer could burn Cd's. I had this problem if I'm not mistaken in the past with ME system back many years ago. And did not want to go through this again but here I am disgusted once again.

ITUNES-OTHER, Window 8 System

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 9:21 AM

There are no replies.

opticals drive disappeared in my Windows 8 computer. After 1-1/2 on the phone this was corrected but now my Itunes don't recognize the drive. Error message stating registry errors. I tried running in windows 7 compatibility mode that don't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.