Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBAir can't mount wireless servers or printers any more

My wife's gen1 MBAir is running 10.5.8.

Sometime ago (weeks) she could not print to our HP AllInOne over wireless. Her print queue showed a number of backed up jobs. My other Macs (running 10.6.8 and 10.7.something) were fine printing over wireless.

After installing the latest printer drivers from HP and checking network settings, MBAir still could not find it. USB connection to the printer is working fine.

Fast forward to this week when I bought a Time Capsule. The MBAir cannot locate it for file access, but for Internet access via the TC all is well.

When I try to mount a server it finds nothing on the network. If I ping my MBPro over the network, it pings perfectly. When I manually enter the IP address of my MBPro, MBAir mounts it fine.

What the heck is going on here? I have found nothing in Network or Security settings to account for any of this.

I searched through Communities and found nothing similar reported (yet).

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26GHz 8GB RAM

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 8:34 AM

2 replies

MBAir can't mount wireless servers or printers any more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.