Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen pixelates from sleep

Hello,

I very recently purchased an i7 2.6Ghz Hi-Res 15" MacBook Pro and notice a very strange behavior. If I leave the laptop so it goes into sleep mode there are problems when trying to waken it. Usually I press the space bar a couple of times as my method of waking it up and then the display changes but weirdly.

From the bottom left-hand of the password box up and across the screen it, on most occasions, displays the usual background. However the rest of the display is blank, a white screen. As I move the mouse the around this area the screen pixelates.

I have tried changing all energy saver settings without any luck, so it this a known problem before I phone Apple technical support?

Lee

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Hi-Res screen

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 10:17 AM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2013 6:22 AM in response to SwankPeRFection

Hello SwankPeRFection,

Many thanks for this info, but I am surprised that Apple didn't suggest this if they know it's a known fault! I shall monitor it now and see if it reoccurs but I have disabled automatic logout and just set a password for screen saver and sleep.

I have clicked "this has helped me" as you have done more than Apple, so let’s hope this resolves it; especially when it’s only two weeks old! If the solution works I shall click "This solved my question"

Lee

screen pixelates from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.