5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 12:01 PM by Victoria Herring
Victoria Herring Level 2 (290 points)

I have a 42G vault which was offloaded using older Aperture [ver. 3.0.1] in march 2010 -- I want to restore/open or use the contents of the Vault now but it won't open in Aperture 3.4.3 --

Screen Shot 2013-02-02 at 12.29.36 PM.jpg

I have relaunched my Aplibrary [I was hoping to open the Vault in a new library] but the Vault still cannot be accessed.  Any suggestions???

• Thomas Emmerich Level 4 (3,485 points)

You could try the vault trick from a tip on Apertureexpert.com. Read the details there but to summarize you just change the vault filename extension and Aperture will think it's actually a library and open it. Then it will convert it to the latest format. This will modify the vault so if you need to keep it (a good idea) until you're sure this will work, create a copy of it first.

• léonie Level 10 (91,124 points)

I have tried that several times, Thomas. It will depend on the version of the vault, if it succeeds. Frequently the fake library will show up as empty, and then only a rebuild will recover the originals, all lumped into one big "recovered" project. So the backup copy is very important.

• Victoria Herring Level 2 (290 points)

Very helpful = I'll give it a try and remember to dupe the vault lst == appreciate the help...

Well, I did copy the vault and in the meantime realized that somehow when I tried to open the Vault into a Test aplibrary it created a 42G test aplibrary = so I had the copy of the vault which I renamed to an aplibrary and I had an aplibrary= both of the same library.

the changing of the extension to aplibrary was no problem and it appears fine = but whether trying to open the aplibrary after the renaming or the aplibrary created by bringing the vault into a test aplibrary, it won't let me upgrade = I get Screen Shot 2013-02-03 at 1.54.45 PM.jpg

and these messages for attempts with either one to upgrade

Screen Shot 2013-02-03 at 1.54.54 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-02-03 at 1.50.37 PM.jpg