Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vault from ver. 3.0.1 and Aperture 3.4.3?

I have a 42G vault which was offloaded using older Aperture [ver. 3.0.1] in march 2010 -- I want to restore/open or use the contents of the Vault now but it won't open in Aperture 3.4.3 --

User uploaded file

I have relaunched my Aplibrary [I was hoping to open the Vault in a new library] but the Vault still cannot be accessed. Any suggestions???

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 11:13 AM

You could try the vault trick from a tip on Apertureexpert.com. Read the details there but to summarize you just change the vault filename extension and Aperture will think it's actually a library and open it. Then it will convert it to the latest format. This will modify the vault so if you need to keep it (a good idea) until you're sure this will work, create a copy of it first.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2013 11:13 AM in response to Victoria Herring

You could try the vault trick from a tip on Apertureexpert.com. Read the details there but to summarize you just change the vault filename extension and Aperture will think it's actually a library and open it. Then it will convert it to the latest format. This will modify the vault so if you need to keep it (a good idea) until you're sure this will work, create a copy of it first.

Feb 3, 2013 12:00 PM in response to Victoria Herring

Well, I did copy the vault and in the meantime realized that somehow when I tried to open the Vault into a Test aplibrary it created a 42G test aplibrary = so I had the copy of the vault which I renamed to an aplibrary and I had an aplibrary= both of the same library.

the changing of the extension to aplibrary was no problem and it appears fine = but whether trying to open the aplibrary after the renaming or the aplibrary created by bringing the vault into a test aplibrary, it won't let me upgrade = I get User uploaded file

Vault from ver. 3.0.1 and Aperture 3.4.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.