Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems installing Kyocera printer driver

OS 10.8.2

Kyocera FS-1035 MFP/DP

I am a PC/MAC guy, more familiar with PC. I installed the Kyocera on the PC without much sweat. I then decided I would like to install the drivers on our iMac (vintage 2009). I tried the drivers on the Kyocera disc. After they were installed through the installer package, I went to System Preferences, Print and Scan, and added the printer, using the IP address. It was found, but when I used AutoSelect, the Kyocera drivers were not found (I had pulled up a YouTube video entitled Installing Kyocera printer on Macintosh, and followed the steps visually). I then downloaded a slightly more recent driver from the website, went through the same dance, but, again, using the AutoSelct for the drivers, the Kyocera drivers were not found. I selected the Generic postscript driver and it works, although not all of the functions work on the machine.

Is there some trick to getting the Kyocera driver to be recognized?

Thanks

Ken K

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 11:37 AM

1 reply

Problems installing Kyocera printer driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.