Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You have updates available for WHAT other accounts?

Keep getting updates available for other accounts? To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it.

Recommended to change password did so to no avail.

I have no idea what ever account other than my apple account and through the app store!

Mac App Store-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 32 bit system

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 11:48 AM

6 replies

Jul 4, 2013 4:19 PM in response to rpeacoc1

Hi,

There are several possible solutions for this issue that I've tried and none of them worked until I tried my own solution today. I've also called Apple Support and they don't have this so I'll update them tomorrow.

The update apps issue is related to the same apps that won't update also no appearing in spotlight search. Now if the following link (also posted by rpeacoc1 -http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4236) doesn't work the try the following.

You will see that the permissions for Applications and also the Apps that don't update or show up in spotlight have the ownership set to System. Try the following.

1) Right click on the App that will no update in Finder

2) Choose Get Info

3) Click the padlock on Get Info to enable the permissions section at the bottom of the screen

4) If your user is not in the list (should have (Me) in it - then click the + button to add your account)

5) Once you've added your account - make sure its Read/Write

6) With your account highlighted click the cog button and choose:

Make "<your user name> (me)" the owner

** Additional Note: I've found that if I switch ownership from System to another users then back to System it also works.

7) Exit AppStore if its open - then relauch

8) You should now see the App will be allowed to update - you will also find it showing up in Spotlight search.

I've done the same as above for the Applications folder so all subsequent Apps inherit the same attibutes.

Hope this helps.

You have updates available for WHAT other accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.