Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will subscribing to IMatch reduce storage used on my iPhone 4?

I just bought an iPhone 4 & it's already full from my music library on iTunes. If I subscribe to iMatch will I have more space on my iPhone for apps?

iPhone 4

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 12:38 PM

Yes, you could delete all the music you store on your iPhone. Just understand that with iTunes Match you must have an internet connection in order to access the music files. You also must provide space on the iPhone to download the tracks you wish to play from the cloud.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2013 12:38 PM in response to Granny126

Yes, you could delete all the music you store on your iPhone. Just understand that with iTunes Match you must have an internet connection in order to access the music files. You also must provide space on the iPhone to download the tracks you wish to play from the cloud.

Will subscribing to IMatch reduce storage used on my iPhone 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.