Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i just purchased this mac mini, i upgraded it to 8gb. The computer sometimes freezes and i have to reboot it. does anyone know why?

I purchased this mini about a week ago. It sometimes freezes or locks up while it idleing. The only way I can get a response is to turn off and back on manually. I have also noticed some rare cherping while listening to music and occassional digitalization while watching content. Help...

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 4:00 PM

17 replies

Feb 2, 2013 11:08 PM in response to behill0428

Do you remember what memory type did you buy? The Late 2012 Mac mini (the Mac mini you have) needs memory that meets all these requirements > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5475

I recommend you to remove the memory you bought and install the original memory, and see if it works correctly. If it works properly, return the memory and buy compatible memory in OWC or Crucial

Jul 30, 2013 9:38 AM in response to XSHEDX

I am also having the exact same problem. Once, sometimes twice a day, my computer won't wake up from sleep. Sometimes cooling fan is running at full speed when it freezes. I have the correct OWC ram, reset SMC and still have the issue.

I hate this mini. Worst mac I've ever owned (and I've owned 8 or 9). I had 16 GB ram installed and my Thunderbolt display would flicker (another support thread). Reduced to 8GB and problem went away. Bought an external USB2 hard drive and it made all of my Bluetooth devices slow to a crawl and my computer a mess (shielding issues -- another thread).

I'm about ready to give up on this thing. These are not software issues, they are all hardware. You'd think with all of the fricking profits Apple is making they'd make sure their products were more stable.

i just purchased this mac mini, i upgraded it to 8gb. The computer sometimes freezes and i have to reboot it. does anyone know why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.