Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps won't download on iOS 6.1

Hi,

I have recently updated to iOS 6.1. I am not sure if this is related, but for some reason I can't download large apps (I'm on wifi and the connection is super fast).

At first I was trying to update 2 games I have on my iPhone 5, and it didn't download. I thought this was a result of me getting in and out of range. Anyway, I have deleted those 2 apps, hard reseted the device, and tried to download a fresh copy. It still doesn't work. I have even had my network settings reseted to no avail.

Smaller apps usually updates fine, even though the app store seems a but slugish in general.

Any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 3:45 PM

7 replies

Feb 3, 2013 2:07 AM in response to sberman

Hi, this still doesn't help.

I have tried to download only one app at a time, and apparently, the problem is the connection to the server being impossibly slow. I have downloaded "ARC Squadron" in more than a few hours now. I'm now trying to update Facebook, and it is taking forever. I'm using the same connection with my iPad and with an iPhone 4 and everything seems to be working just fine.

What could be the cause of the slow connection to Apple's servers? It seems very odd to me.

Feb 5, 2013 4:15 AM in response to ysimhoni

Since the upgrade the following has happened:

I can not download app updates, even though I have a badge saying there is, but when I go to the screen, it's empty. I am using the apple ID I always use.

Also, iMessage uses an old number, and I am not able to delete it from my list. I have been advised by the current owner, that they receive a copy of my iMessages. I have unticked from my list, but it still sends copies to that number. I am unable to find another way of deleting that number. I am forced to travel interstate to see if I can resolve the issue on the old phone.

Apps won't download on iOS 6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.