Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YAHOO GAMES NOT LOADING

I am using osx 10.7.5 and it appears as though java 1.6.0_37 is installed and enabled in prefs. When I do get signed in and attempt to enter game lobby I see in the spotlight search for java the java vm no prefs panel no biggy there I guess but, there does appear a java icon under java vm on left side of window and <unknown application> (pid 5260) next to it so what's up with all this how do I FIX it. Yahoo games has been working upto today

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 2:49 AM

The only way to know whether Java 6 or Java 7 is enabled for your browser is to go to this site and it will tell you: http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp. You can't be certain from the Java Control Panel, the Java Preferences or the Terminal command "java -version" as the Apple software and Oracle software are not aware of each other.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2013 2:49 AM in response to Mapguy54

The only way to know whether Java 6 or Java 7 is enabled for your browser is to go to this site and it will tell you: http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp. You can't be certain from the Java Control Panel, the Java Preferences or the Terminal command "java -version" as the Apple software and Oracle software are not aware of each other.

Feb 3, 2013 10:18 AM in response to Mapguy54

Mapguy54 wrote:

just wondering tho if i turn java off in Safari pref. does that turn it off in the Oracle or do I need to go to the Java preferences in my system preferences?

Yes, disabling it in Safari will turn either off for web use and if you use any other browser you will need to disable Java for it, as well. I think you will find that you are unable to uncheck the preference in the Java Control Panel anyway. It's been reported to them, but for some reason they still haven't fixed it.

YAHOO GAMES NOT LOADING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.