Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad won't turn on. It has a usb cord picture with an up arrow pointing to iTunes logo. I can't find my device in iTunes.

I can't get my iPad to turn on. I have done everything the internet said, other than looking device up in iTunes, because I can't find my device in iTunes. What can I do? It is stuck with a usb cord picture with an up arrow pointing to iTunes logo.

iPad, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 6:14 PM

6 replies

Mar 4, 2013 8:34 AM in response to AMPERK85

Force your iPad into Recovery Mode

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.

2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.

3.While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears, release the Home button. iTunes should alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then click Restore to restore the device.

Note: Data will be lost. You may have to repeat the above many times.

Mar 4, 2013 9:33 AM in response to AMPERK85

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My iPad won't turn on. It has a usb cord picture with an up arrow pointing to iTunes logo. I can't find my device in iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.