Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Java 7.13

Hello.

I'm trying to install the new update of Java (7.13 i guess) but it fails. It says instalation complete but when i run "java -version" on Terminal it comes back as 1.06 build.

I read that Apple has marked Java updates as a malware but i'm wondering what can i do with sites that needs java to run. On my case stupid internet banking sites.

Thanks.

F

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 7:46 PM

5 replies

Feb 3, 2013 2:52 AM in response to fgarrido

fgarrido wrote:

Hello.

I'm trying to install the new update of Java (7.13 i guess) but it fails. It says instalation complete but when i run "java -version" on Terminal it comes back as 1.06 build.

I suspect you mean the 1.6.0 version. That's because Apple installs Java 6 in a totally different place from where Oracle puts Java 7 and the command line process "java" is only aware of the Apple location. There is a very good chance that you actually have Java 7 installed properly. To check, go to System Preferences and click on "Java" to launch the Java Control Panel which will tell you if that side of the house is in order. As long as you didn't follow the instructions earlier to revert to Java 6, you should be good to go. If you find that you do need to revert to Java 6, then there will be a problem, because that version of Java 6 that you have is still blocked by Apple and they have not announced whether they will be updating it to release 39 for Lion/Mountain Lion yet or not.

To find out which Java is enabled for Safari go to http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp and it will tell you.

Message was edited by: MadMacs0

Feb 3, 2013 10:16 AM in response to kelhak1

Hi,

I got further than before on pogo. The game started to load. Thenit stopped and said I had to clear the Safari cache and java cache. I followed the instructions, restarted Safari, and tried again. Then, the same warning came on that I had the wrong java.

I tested the browser again at Oracle and was still ok. Somehow I cleared out something I wasn't supposed to clear. Thinking about re installing java.

Thanks anyway, and good luck to all.

Java 7.13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.