Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Button activated applescript?

In xcode 4.x I want to be able to click a button and have an applescript run, how do I do this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.3 GHz i5, 4GB RAM, OCZ 120GB SSD

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 11:54 PM

Is this an AppleScriptObjC or Objective-C project? If the former, you can use regular AppleScript statements and/or call handlers in other script files, if the latter you can use the NSAppleScript class or add an AppleScriptObjC class.

If you are talking about connecting a button to your code, create an action handler/method (if it has the correct signature it will appear inn the Interface Editor), and connect it to the button, for example:

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2013 11:54 PM in response to MacMan240

Is this an AppleScriptObjC or Objective-C project? If the former, you can use regular AppleScript statements and/or call handlers in other script files, if the latter you can use the NSAppleScript class or add an AppleScriptObjC class.

If you are talking about connecting a button to your code, create an action handler/method (if it has the correct signature it will appear inn the Interface Editor), and connect it to the button, for example:

User uploaded file

Button activated applescript?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.