Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access webmail in browser and Mac Mail

I am a Mac convert from PC and I love my Macbook Pro with Retina display that came with Mountal Lion. Until recently after my visit overseas, I am neither able to access my ISPs webmail through Safari or Firefox on my laptop nor through Mac Mail app with unchanged settings provided by Road Runner, such as webmail.kc.rr.com, apop-server.kc.rr.com/smtp-server.kc.rr.com/110/25. Safari is too slow and hangs with connection errors for webmail. My ISPs id is my business id I use as I travel overseas constantly. I spent several hours and had my spouse call in local tech support and it is a pain having to call your spouse to login and forward email to a public email. Any help is appreciated as my ISP has been anything but helpful in resolving this issue blaming the OS.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 1:46 AM

3 replies

Feb 3, 2013 8:28 AM in response to CIEducator

If you can't access your account both in web based and Mail then it would be an issue with your ISP. I realize they're anything but helpful. In Mail have you checked the settings with them as we'll as the port setting? Have you tried deleting the account and starting over with a new account?

What part of the process fails when you try using web based mail? Have you tried to access your account using mail2web?

http://www.mail2web.com/

Feb 3, 2013 10:37 AM in response to sig

Thanks for your reply, Sig. I spent over three hours with my ISPs support tech, deleted and added my account, and even rebuild was of no avail. From Terminal, I am able to ping and I get an IP address but when I try connecting to webmail server, the browser returns an connection error, in Mac Mail I get the following message,

"Unable to receive Mail -

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “Road Runner” or try again.

The server returned the error: The connection to the server “pop-server.kc.rr.com” on port 110 timed out." The tech asked me to check with the local ISP who directed me to ask Road Runner to clear the block off SMTP port.

I have not used mail2web until now, but would give it a try if it resolves my issue. Thanks for your help and assistance.

Feb 3, 2013 12:31 PM in response to CIEducator

Turns out to quite difficult to get much info regarding the RR servers but..

It looks like the incoming port can be 110 or 995, outgoing should be 25 or 587, SSL is off (but these look suspect to me so try all combinations), I don't know if this is Imap or POP, but either could use those ports.

It is not possible to access RR info without a login, and thankfully I don't use RR mail but on this page there are links to Help & Member Services, your login will (should) allow access.

Unable to access webmail in browser and Mac Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.