Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No native Back to My Mac on iPad?

I've already submitted feedback to Apple on this, but I just want to get a discussion going about the logic behind not having native Back to My Mac from iOS devices. I never needed it before, as I always accessed one Mac from another Mac, but always assumed this would be the perfect use for an iPad. There are loads of third party solutions, but they require installing servers and opening up firewalls to third parties. Also Native remote VNC seems to be all but broken in Mountain Lion. It's a huge feature hole in iOS not to include this obviously great use for mobile devices.

No Back to My Mac from iPad? Please discuss.

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 4:05 AM

3 replies

Mar 11, 2013 6:39 AM in response to robogobo

Yeah, this is quite annoying. I can't understand why no Back to my Mac app has been yet developed by Apple. I'm sorry but I don't carry around my MBA with me all the time, and my company is not there yet. I do, however, carry my iPad mini with me all the time and LogmeIn, for example, has already a very beautiful app that renders Back to my Mac almost useless for the vast majority of people (my humble opinion of course)

No native Back to My Mac on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.