Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

set proxy to vpn

i have problem

let me explain that :

when i use the wireless of our university,i have to set the proxy to my wifi to use the internet

with this config 192.168.0.1 port:8080 and my account (myusername and mypassword)

it works perfect

but when i want to set vpn(pptp) to my iphone ,it doesn't work

in the vpn part i set a manually proxy,but it dosen't work:(

what should i do?

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 6:54 AM

1 reply

Mar 20, 2013 9:42 AM in response to pedram_zh

Hi!

I have similar problem. I use OpenVPN-on-demand and it works well. But I need to use proxy for surfing. I set it up in configuration profile (Proxy setup - Manual, then address and port), but Safari doesn't use them.

BUT!

If i connected to VPN and this proxy is set up in Wi-Fi settings, then traffic goes through this proxy. Of couse, after disconnect from VPN, Safari tries to use this proxy.

What should I do to make it work correctly?

set proxy to vpn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.