Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 30GB & trying to add photos

I have a MAC OS-X 10.2.8
I have iphotos which I think needs to be upgraded just so I can load photos on my new iPod.
Do I have to pay for an upgrade. I feel I have paid enough for this iPod & I should be able to use all the features without having to upgrade anything that will cost me an addition fee.
It seems like I need to upgrade iPhotos, so I can add photos to this iPod that I bought as a gift for someone & it all became too complicated for him , so he gave it back to me.
I can understand why...It started to shut off & go on by itself. I upgraded the ipod for now & seems to be ok, but this whole iPod thing is too much, I am sorry I purchased it.
Can anyone help me with this???

G4, Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on May 11, 2006 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2006 2:39 PM

I have iphotos
Do you mean iPhoto?

which I think needs to be upgraded just so I can load photos on my new iPod
No, it doesn't need to be upgraded. iPhoto does not even have to be used.
Just select the folder of pictures you want to put onto the iPod.

Do I have to pay for an upgrade.
If you want a newer version of iLife (including iPhoto), yes, you will have to pay for it.

I feel I have paid enough for this iPod & I should be able to use all the features without having to upgrade anything that will cost me an addition fee.
iPhoto is not part of the iPod. You can use iPhoto if you want but you don't have to.

It seems like I need to upgrade iPhotos,
It is iPhoto, not plural iPhotos. Why do you need to upgrade?

so I can add photos to this iPod that I bought as a gift for someone & it all became too complicated for him , so he gave it back to me.
Put the photos in a folder and select that folder in the iPod prefs under the Photo tab.

this whole iPod thing is too much, I am sorry I purchased it.
Okay. You can sell it on eBay.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2006 2:39 PM in response to Marie Marcy

I have iphotos
Do you mean iPhoto?

which I think needs to be upgraded just so I can load photos on my new iPod
No, it doesn't need to be upgraded. iPhoto does not even have to be used.
Just select the folder of pictures you want to put onto the iPod.

Do I have to pay for an upgrade.
If you want a newer version of iLife (including iPhoto), yes, you will have to pay for it.

I feel I have paid enough for this iPod & I should be able to use all the features without having to upgrade anything that will cost me an addition fee.
iPhoto is not part of the iPod. You can use iPhoto if you want but you don't have to.

It seems like I need to upgrade iPhotos,
It is iPhoto, not plural iPhotos. Why do you need to upgrade?

so I can add photos to this iPod that I bought as a gift for someone & it all became too complicated for him , so he gave it back to me.
Put the photos in a folder and select that folder in the iPod prefs under the Photo tab.

this whole iPod thing is too much, I am sorry I purchased it.
Okay. You can sell it on eBay.

iPod 30GB & trying to add photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.