Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

iPod 30GB & trying to add photos

383 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2006 8:09 AM by Chris CA RSS
Marie Marcy Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 11, 2006 2:05 PM
I have a MAC OS-X 10.2.8
I have iphotos which I think needs to be upgraded just so I can load photos on my new iPod.
Do I have to pay for an upgrade. I feel I have paid enough for this iPod & I should be able to use all the features without having to upgrade anything that will cost me an addition fee.
It seems like I need to upgrade iPhotos, so I can add photos to this iPod that I bought as a gift for someone & it all became too complicated for him , so he gave it back to me.
I can understand why...It started to shut off & go on by itself. I upgraded the ipod for now & seems to be ok, but this whole iPod thing is too much, I am sorry I purchased it.
Can anyone help me with this???
G4, Mac OS X (10.2.x)
  • Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (73,330 points)
    May 11, 2006 2:39 PM (in response to Marie Marcy)
    I have iphotos
    Do you mean iPhoto?

which I think needs to be upgraded just so I can load photos on my new iPod
    No, it doesn't need to be upgraded. iPhoto does not even have to be used.
    Just select the folder of pictures you want to put onto the iPod.

Do I have to pay for an upgrade.
    If you want a newer version of iLife (including iPhoto), yes, you will have to pay for it.

I feel I have paid enough for this iPod & I should be able to use all the features without having to upgrade anything that will cost me an addition fee.
    iPhoto is not part of the iPod. You can use iPhoto if you want but you don't have to.

It seems like I need to upgrade iPhotos,
    It is iPhoto, not plural iPhotos. Why do you need to upgrade?

so I can add photos to this iPod that I bought as a gift for someone & it all became too complicated for him , so he gave it back to me.
    Put the photos in a folder and select that folder in the iPod prefs under the Photo tab.

this whole iPod thing is too much, I am sorry I purchased it.
    Okay. You can sell it on eBay.
    iMac G5 (Rev B) - 1 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.6), Silver Mini, Blue Mini
  • Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (73,330 points)
    May 12, 2006 8:09 AM (in response to Marie Marcy)
    If you are simply going to view them on th eiPod, you don't need the Full Resolution photos downloaded. They will simply take up space on the iPod.
    If you are going to view them on a television, you might want to download them.
    iMac G5 (Rev B) - 1 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.6), Silver Mini, Blue Mini

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.