Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Revealing "In" and "Out" selection indicators in Quicktime 7 after Snow Leopard Upgrade

When I upgraded to snow leopard, I used quicktime 10 for a while. But recently I wanted to edit a long movie, and trimming sections out of the middle was unworkable.

I found the Quicktime 7 program in my Utilities folder (I guess it was put there during the upgrade process). I reinstalled my Quicktime Pro registration.

But when I opened the movie, I couldn't find the "In" and "Out" markers to select the sections I wanted to cut. Trolling the web for answers didn't help. Typing "I" and "O" didn't help.

Finally I looked through the Preferences Pane for the third time. The item "Hide selection indicators for empty selection" was NOT selected. Yet the selection indicators remained hidden.

So I selected that choice, to hide them. Closed the program. Opened it again (they remained hidden). Then I UN-selected it and voila! The selection indicators appeared, and have remained present ever since.

Hunhhh.

Quicktime Pro 7-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 9:21 AM

There are no replies.

Revealing "In" and "Out" selection indicators in Quicktime 7 after Snow Leopard Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.