Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting to network drive on startup

Here is what I am trying to perform. When I restart my server(s) I want them to connect to a NAS drive at 192.168.x.x DNS name <backup> so I can then use scripting for backup procedures to access the drives via /Volumes/sharepoint_name/etc... I have to do this without anyone logging into the servers, just as a startup launchdaemon. Does anyone have direction of how to achieve this ? TIA.

Jeff

eMac, Powerbook 15", iMac 17" DV, PowerMac G5 2.0 Dual, 2 GB DDR., Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on May 11, 2006 2:27 PM

3 replies

May 11, 2006 10:29 PM in response to RockyMountainMac

All those above links relate to mounting a volume when you login, not when you start up.

There are two basic techniques for mounting a volume at startup.

One is to write a StartupItem (in /System/Library/StartupItems/) that mounts the volume automatically.

The other is to add a Mounts entry in NetInfo to invoke Automount - this can either mount the volume statically (so that it's always there), or dynamically (so it's mounted when some process tries to access the volume.

To use the StartupItem option, just copy one of the existing StartupItems and replace the contents with the mount commands.
To use NetInfo, follow the instructions listed here.

Connecting to network drive on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.