Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mp navigator ex 1.0 keeps crashing

I uploaded to Mountain Lion 10.8.2, and suddenly my Canon MX310 scanning function quit working. I updated the printer driver through Canon's web site. The MP Navigator opens, but crashes immediately when I try to scan anything.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 9:52 AM

8 replies

Feb 4, 2013 3:22 PM in response to PAHU

Thanks for the info, PAHU.

I went to Canon and downloaded the latest scanner driver for the MX310, and it still crashes. I found a way around it, though: I went to System Preferences, Hardware: Print and Scan, chose my Canon MX310, under "Scan Button" I chose "Open Image Capture", and that worked fine.

I don't know the answer to using the Canon scanner drivers.... I'm just real happy with a scanner that works again.

May 7, 2013 6:21 AM in response to HappyTam113

nice one happytam.

worked for me to to go via system preferences>hardware>print&scan

under scanners i then added my printer (again). now it shows up in the printer list (not the scanner list still) ( with a new number suffix one higher) but with both print and scan options.

i have now scanned wirelessly and it's all fine.

this is for a canon mg3150 (driver = MG3100)

shame that canon don't really have their thing together with documentation and online help.

ed

May 7, 2013 2:42 PM in response to cbs20

cbs20 wrote:

MP Navigator isn't compatible with Mountain Lion.

That is not true. I am using MP Navigator v5.0.2 with my MG6250 at work and MP Navigator v3.0.5 with my MP990 at home. You just need to have the scanner driver for the respective model installed on the Mac.

Note that the ICA driver, which is downloaded via Apple Software Update and used by Image Capture, cannot be used with MP Navigator. You must get the supporting scanner driver from Canon.

mp navigator ex 1.0 keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.