Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmark not syncing

My main computer is an iMac (Mid 2010, 27"/3.6GHz i5, 12 GIG memory, OSX.8.2). I've noticed for a while that my bookmarks aren't syncing properly, either to my MacBook Pro (Early 2011, 15", 2.0 GHz i7, 4 Gig, OSX8.2), or to my iPhone and iPad. This wasn't a major problem previously, as I do 95% of my serious work on my iMac. However, I just had to restore my iPad (1st Gen, iOS 5.1.1), setting it up as a new iPad. While contacts and calendar synced fine, my Safari bookmarks (and possibly my iBooks) didn't sync at all. I've tried turning Safari off and on, both in the iCloud tab of system preferences and on the iPad, but to no avail. When I start Safari on the iPad, it surfs the web OK, but I continuously have the little spinning whatever at the top of the screen next to the Wifi signal strength indicator.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get my bookmarks syncing again? It would certainly be nice to sync them with my MacBook Pro, and, for obvious reasons, really useful to sync them to my iPad and iPhone.

Thanks in advance.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iMac (27 inch i5), MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 9:56 AM

1 reply

Feb 4, 2013 6:19 AM in response to David Fritzinger

For what it is worth, I now have Apple looking into this. They managed to partially fix it, in that some of my bookmarks are syncing. However, there are still major differences in how the bookmarks show up on my various computers and iOS devices. For one thing, there is an entire folder on my main computer, the iMac, that doesn't appear on any others. Second, my MBP suddenly has dozens of extra bookmarks, either duplicates or bookmarks I thought I had deleted long ago. Speaking to the Apple rep, I was told that, in the cloud, I have something like 2400 duplicate bookmarks. Obviously, they need to do work on how their bookmarks are maintained on their servers.

Bookmark not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.