Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac app store needs my apple id?

I have recently switched computers and have given my old macbook to a family member. I deleted my home folder and account and they made their own. However I left all of my apps on the mac. and now when they try to update them, they need my apple id? How do I fix this so that they can use their own instead of mine?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 10:56 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

All the applications you purchase on the App Store are registered to your Apple ID, so you have to use your Apple ID to update them, or you have to purchase those applications again using the Apple ID they are using on that computer, so they will be able to update them

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2013 10:56 AM in response to ThePortah

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

All the applications you purchase on the App Store are registered to your Apple ID, so you have to use your Apple ID to update them, or you have to purchase those applications again using the Apple ID they are using on that computer, so they will be able to update them

Mac app store needs my apple id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.