Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emoticons are not sending from mac to phone with iMessage? They show up as symbols etc. But they will send from the iPhone to the mac? what am i missing here. This used to work seamlessly. Just started having issues?

for sometime i have been using the emoticons seamlessly between my iphone and imac through imessage but now it seems to be kaput. it will send from my phone to the imac but from the imac to the phone is converting to symbols. what am i doing wrong?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 11:10 AM

Hi Tifferlee,

Seems you're not the only one seeing this, not sure if something has changed recently with the iOS 6.1 update.

2 replies

Feb 3, 2013 11:16 AM in response to RJTUK

Thank-you for the response RJTUK. I thought I was losing my mind. I thought that I would add for those that are following this post. I also noticed that the emoticons are showing up fine from iMac to MacBook. It seems the only loss in info is with the my iPhone [iphone 5 os 6.1]. So it definitely must be on the phones end? Hoping that someone will fix this shortly. I know it is silly but I really enjoy the personality that emoticons can add to a imessage.

Emoticons are not sending from mac to phone with iMessage? They show up as symbols etc. But they will send from the iPhone to the mac? what am i missing here. This used to work seamlessly. Just started having issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.