9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 1:32 PM by Nokia2010
leckerz Level 1 Level 1

I've updated to iOS 6.1 and am now expericing reception issues, my reception shows full bar and is on 3G. Sending SMS sometimes hang for a period of time before actually sending, also notifications lag and data download is also very slow. I didn't have any of these issue prior to the update. I'm using an iPhone 4S (Australia and on Telstra Network). Tried using the Reset network settings and has not fixed the issue.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1
  • nishwick Level 1 Level 1

Thank god, I thought it was just me. It's really frustrating, I rely on the phone for my business - it's driving me and my clients nuts.

Anyone with any ideas? I wish I had stuck with IOS 6, or is this just a coincidence?

Nish

4s, IOS 6.1

• Nokia2010 Level 1 Level 1

Same here, getting nuts, no imessage, no safari, no voice service for some minutes and them came back and them gomdown again again. Already reset network settings and nothing. I will try to re-install ios during weekend to see if it works.

• nishwick Level 1 Level 1

Okay, this seems to work - it's a drag but I have turned of MOBILE DATA and 3G.

And now I have 4 bars of recpetion again - and happier clients.

Apple - this is not right, it's a workaround.

Let me know if this works for anyone else please.

Nish

• theozy Level 1 Level 1

iOS 6.1 issues on my iphone 4S on the Telstra network (Australia)

Slow to connect 3G with full signal strength

SMS messages often fail or take along time to send.

Phone calls sometimes do not connect straight away.

I have restored my iphone and these problems still exist.

All of these problems have only happened since upgrading to iOS 6.1

• CrystalF72 Level 1 Level 1

oh yeah.  BAD connections, almost every call dropped after seconds. and FORGET Siri!  I'm so tired of hearing her say SORRY!

• leckerz Level 1 Level 1

This issue is ridiculous considering there's how many people out there affect and Apple still has not done anything to resolve this issue.

Turned off 3G - Works but why have a 3G phone if we can't use it?

Reset Network settings - Still same issue

Restarted handset - Still same issue

Back up and restored - Still same issue

Also turning on and off Airplane is not a usable workaround. I sure hope Apple don't sit on their hands too long cause they're gonna lose a lot of customers.

Oh.. forgot to add.. when attempting to make an outbound phone call it takes approx 30sec before it actually rings and also some incoming calls go straight to Voicemail due to this reception issue.

iOS 6.1.1. is now available to fix this issue.

• Nokia2010 Level 1 Level 1

Finally... Lets see if works.