Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see airprint printer

I installed an HP e6520 all in one printer that is airprint compatible. I can print wirelessly from my MacBook Air but my iPhone 4, ipad 2 can't find it. The printer is connected to the same wifi and have tried restarting everything. I'm on insight cable with an Arris tg860 modem/router. Any suggestions?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 2:26 PM

6 replies

Feb 3, 2013 2:30 PM in response to Stut1313

Hi Stut1313,

Are you sure they are connected to the same subnet? That is, are you sure the iPad and iPhone both connect to the exact same network (not a guest network generated by the same router, per instance)? If this is the case, you may wish to try using an Airport Express/Airport Extreme/Time Capsule as a router. Often, the problem is that the router does not properly support the network protocols that airprint requires.

Kind regards,

Feb 22, 2013 3:50 PM in response to Stut1313

For Arris TG862, you will need to enable UDP port 5353 under Advanced > Port Forwarding. Use Common Services - Other, Other Service - enter Bonjour, Service Type - select UDP, Server IP Address - enter the printer address, Starting/Ending Port - enter 5353, select Save and logout. You will need to hard-boot the router. Your printer will show up the next time you try to print.

Apr 19, 2013 11:07 AM in response to Stut1313

I was having this problem with a new HP LaserJet Pro 400 (M401n). It was getting all the necessary IP info, AirPrint was enabled, but neither my iPhone or iPad would find the printer. I have a Linksys N model router, I rebooted my router, and that solved the problem. After the router came back up, both iDevices found the printer.

Hope that helps.

Can't see airprint printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.