Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NHL GameCenter audio sync issues

NHL GameCenter audio is slower than the video on Apple TV. I even swiched to connecting the AppleTV to my Airport via Ethernet to eliminate any transfer issues.

NOTE - if I watch the game on my XBox or MB Pro - no issues.

Thoughts?

AppleTV 2, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 2:16 PM

11 replies

Feb 4, 2013 8:00 PM in response to gmswyers

Same here. Plenty of things could be the cause. I'll blame the app.

Here's the thing: if you want to get the audio in sync again, FFWD or REW one click, and then quickly hit play. It might take a second or two to start playing, but the A/V should be in sync again - I'll take a manual remote action and a few seconds wait over off-sync audio any day.

And... the goofy part is that it will usually stay that in sync until the next commercial break... it always seems to lose sync during the silent "will be back soon" screen before coming back to the live action.

I've never had good luck with the ATV client. I usually end up streaming from my iPad and watching it on the ATV via AirPlay instead.

Feb 5, 2013 6:40 PM in response to gmswyers

Adding a "me, too" to the conversation. I was having no problems until the latest ATV update. Now the audio for the games falls out of sync with regularity. Very annoying.

Since Apple doesn't always look at the boards, I'd encourage others to do what I did, and submit a bug report directly to Apple:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

The more people that submit, the higher they'll make a priority on getting a fix out.

Message was edited by: Allocentric to add Apple Feedback link

NHL GameCenter audio sync issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.