Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nail polish remover and iPhone! Help!?

I spilled nail polish remover and the liquid ran under my phone. I picked it up very quickly and dried it off. Do you think it'll be okay? Before I turned it off I tried to make a call and plug it in and the speakers/where you plug the charger in worked fine. I wasn't really sure if the remover actually got into the phone, so I put it in some rice. Is there anything else I can do?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2016 5:00 PM

i too have spilt nail polish remover on my iPhone 5c and I dried it off immediately and the screen has got marks and shadowing on it now. Can anyone help

3 replies

Feb 4, 2013 12:52 AM in response to Jenniferrr56

Nail polish remover is a very volatile (evaporates quickly) solvent and so it is likely dry already wherever it might have gone. It is made mostly of acetone (unless you bought a special acetone free kind); and acetone will dissolve lacquer and some other finishes so it might discolor or otherwise mess-up the finish. I would suspect that it is already dry but it won't hurt to put it in some rice or some other desiccant for a while. Shut it off and remove the case if any first. A hearing aid dryer would work really well it you have one or know someone who does. After that if it all works you're good; if not sorry to say I think all you can do is pay the repair.

Nail polish remover and iPhone! Help!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.