Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an app for my new Mac, but later exchanged it because it was faulty. The one I have now is great, however I bought Keynote and installed it in the previous computer. Will I be charged again if I download Keynote into my current one?

I was not able to clear anything out of the previous computer before I exchanged it. It would crash before it even opened/loaded.

Can I cancel Keynote for that one, and transfer it the one I have now?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 10:26 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

You won't be charged. When you purchase an app on the App Store, you can install it for free on all your Macs as many times as you want without being charged

4 replies

Feb 3, 2013 10:30 PM in response to Yumpalaya

Hi Yumpalaya,

You do not have to "cancel" the previous download. If you have the most current version of iTunes loaded on your computer, and you have the same AppleID that you purchased the Keynote app with signed on to iTunes, and you have the computer authorized for that AppleID, and you have iCloud your iCloud account set up on the computer, then you can (in iTunes):

Click on Store

Click on Purchased under the Quick Links section in the right-hand sidebar

Click on the Apps icon in the Purchased screen

The Keynote app should appear with a little cloud next to it. Click on that and download to your computer.

Cheers,

GB

I bought an app for my new Mac, but later exchanged it because it was faulty. The one I have now is great, however I bought Keynote and installed it in the previous computer. Will I be charged again if I download Keynote into my current one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.