Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting books from ibooks

I have purchased ibooks to read on my ipad, and when have done so, try to delete them. But they keep re-appearing in my library. I have deleted them from my itunes library, but they keep popping back. I now have several copies of each book on my ipad, and its frustrating. HOW do i delete them permanently?

Is this filling up my memory as well?

NannyMoo

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 10:20 PM

This should be helpful:

iBooks: Tips for managing your iBooks library and storage on iOS devices

5 replies

Feb 3, 2013 11:34 PM in response to sberman

I have turned on the syncing option, but it still wont let me delete any books. I have 12 copies of one book on my IPad alone!! Most of them have duplicate copies. What have I done wrong? I deleted them on the computer with ITunes in the apps/ibooks on the left of the ITunes screen, not above on the syncing IPad.

Has something changed? I used to be able to just click on the book and it would delete.

Thanks for any info.

NannyMoo

Feb 5, 2013 7:46 PM in response to sberman

Did all that, and it took all day!!! When I had restored, the same thing was happening with my IBooks. I had 12 copies of one book, and several copies of others. Some I cant even delete. They have a little cloud thingy on them telling me I can install. No other options to delete them.

Some of the books are not in my library, only in IBooks. These are the ones I want to delete. If they are from Amazon or Kindle, does this make a difference.

Anyway, i just deleted the IBooks app completely, re-installed it, then re-synced. This got rid of all the extra copies, but I still cant delete some of the books.

Cheers

NannyMoo

Deleting books from ibooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.