Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro end of life in Europe?

My local reseller has emailed me to inform me that the Mac Pro will no longer be availabe in the EU from March.

Is this for real or an early April Fool?

Message was...

Here's the official word from Apple:

As of March 1, 2013, Apple will no longer sell Mac Pro in EU, EU candidate and EFTA countries because these systems are not compliant with Amendment 1 of regulation IEC 60950-1, Second Edition which becomes effective on this date. Apple resellers can continue to sell any remaining inventory of Mac Pro after March 1. Apple will take final orders for Mac Pro from resellers up until February 18th for shipment before March 1, 2013. Countries outside of the EU are not impacted and Mac Pro will continue to be available in those areas.

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 1:50 AM

It's real. The internal fans don't meet new European saftey regulations. You can open the case while the computer is running and put your fingers in the fan.

9 replies

Feb 4, 2013 9:04 AM in response to The hatter

It is interesting (to me anyway) what UL rules require, gleaned from talking to design engineers who had to work within their framework.

They say you must not be able to touch Voltages inside the cabinet over 35 Volts with your unaided fingers (no tools). So anything over 35 Volts must have a cover that cannot be removed with fingers alone.

If the unit catches fire, it must not be able to drop burning debris directly out the bottom (into a presumed computer-room floor providing cooling air).

Mac Pro end of life in Europe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.