Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An updated Apple ID is not linked to App Store/iTunes purchases and Apple Dev program anymore.

Hello all,

I used to have an Apple ID that was not an email (Just a plain user name - I created it in 2010). Several days ago I upgraded my iPhone to iOS 6.1. During the upgraded i was asked to "Change my Apple id to some valid e-mail". This step could not be escaped and I did so.

Now my updated Apple ID is not linked with any of my previous App Store/iTune purchases anymore. In addition, I'm not able to access Apple Dev programs where I am a member.

It's not a new Apple ID - it looks like an amended one - all other details of my account (like name, phone etc) are the same. In addition, I'm more than sure that I did this change via the iPhone's "What's new in iOS 6.1. Get stared" wizard.

But it seems that Apple considers my updated Apple ID as a completely new one.

Does anybody know how to fix this? and restore my ownership over the previous iTunes purchases and participation in Apple Dev programs?

Many thanks in advance.

Dmitry

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 3:32 AM

4 replies

An updated Apple ID is not linked to App Store/iTunes purchases and Apple Dev program anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.