Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a Mac app that can do the same as DriveSort does for Windows?

I am considering moving from Windows to Mac, but first, I need to make sure that I can still do all I need to do in the Mac world as I do with Windows today.

One question, I can't seem to answer is a silly one, but important to me.

I keep my music in my car on a flash drive with 700+ songs on it. However, since the flash drive is formated in FAT, it sorts the music by the order the computer decided to save them in.

To fix the order, I use DriveSort (http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php) but it only runs in Windows.

Is there a Mac application that does the same? I don't care if it is free or not.

Thanks.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 8:42 AM

8 replies

Feb 4, 2013 6:46 PM in response to sig

It's not a question of how you can sort in the Mac. It's a matter of how it writes files to a FAT based flash drive. The cars stereo will sort the flash drive by the order the files were written in and not by any order the OS has sorted it. This is the same in Windows and Mac, so a utility to "sort" the flash drive. DriveSort does this perfectly, but they don't have a Mac version. I'm looking for a Mac version of this type of software. Surely someone in the Mac world must have run into this flash drive problem and found a fix......

Is there a Mac app that can do the same as DriveSort does for Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.