Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play Button will not work!

Very Strange!

Using FCP X 10.0.7 with my 15 inch MacBook Pro (Retina Display).

I can't get the play button to work on the Event clips. However ... when I load the clip into the project the play button works. This means I can't preview a clip until I drop it into the timeline. Scrubbing does work on the event side ... but hitting the play button / space bar / or using the menu to play does nothing.

I have tossed out the pref files from the user library ... no help. I've deleted FCP X and re-installed .... no help. I have it running on a second laptop ... and it works fine there.

Any Help?

Tim

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 11:44 AM

I found a fix for my problem on the page below.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5149

However ... I did not need to do the re-install. Instead I just did steps 3 thru 6 and re-started FCPX. Everything now works.

Here the full instructions for re-installing. But as I said ... it worked for me just using steps 3 - 6.

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

1. In Finder, choose Applicationsfrom the Go menu.
  2. Locate the Final Cut Pro application and drag it to the Trash.
  3. In Finder, hold down the Option key and choose Library from the Go menu.
  4. In the Library folder that opens, open the Application Support folder. Move the Final Cut Pro folder and the Apple Qmaster folder to the Trash.
  5. Return to the Library folder and open the Caches folder. Move the "com.apple.FinalCut" folder to the Trash.
  6. Return to the Library folder and open the Preferences folder. Move the following files to the Trash:
  7. com.apple.FinalCut.LSSharedFileList.plist
    com.apple.FinalCut.LSSharedFileList.plist.lockfile
    com.apple.FinalCut.plist
    com.apple.FinalCut.plist.lockfile
  8. Note: The .lockfile items may not be present on your system.

Tim

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2013 11:44 AM in response to Timothy Bloomquist

I found a fix for my problem on the page below.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5149

However ... I did not need to do the re-install. Instead I just did steps 3 thru 6 and re-started FCPX. Everything now works.

Here the full instructions for re-installing. But as I said ... it worked for me just using steps 3 - 6.

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

1. In Finder, choose Applicationsfrom the Go menu.
  2. Locate the Final Cut Pro application and drag it to the Trash.
  3. In Finder, hold down the Option key and choose Library from the Go menu.
  4. In the Library folder that opens, open the Application Support folder. Move the Final Cut Pro folder and the Apple Qmaster folder to the Trash.
  5. Return to the Library folder and open the Caches folder. Move the "com.apple.FinalCut" folder to the Trash.
  6. Return to the Library folder and open the Preferences folder. Move the following files to the Trash:
  7. com.apple.FinalCut.LSSharedFileList.plist
    com.apple.FinalCut.LSSharedFileList.plist.lockfile
    com.apple.FinalCut.plist
    com.apple.FinalCut.plist.lockfile
  8. Note: The .lockfile items may not be present on your system.

Tim

Play Button will not work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.