Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I format an ePub document to make my poetry centered and aligned? Having trouble figuring it out.

I need help...

iBook, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 10:25 AM

5 replies

Feb 5, 2013 8:16 AM in response to bammbammaz

In support of Tom's post, you may find yourself in need of basic HTML and Cascading Style Sheet knowledge to further tweak your epub to your visual goals. Liz Castro found this necessary as she exhibits on her site.

A good, free OS X compatible tool for graphical opening, viewing, and editing epub files is called Sigil. I have it installed on Mountain Lion.

Feb 6, 2013 1:34 PM in response to bammbammaz

If you download Sigil from my prior post, and open your ePub document with it, you can toggle the people and HTML view with F2. Sigil shows your individually selectable chapters (text) in the left column, and also a folder containing the book.css file that has all the CSS styling information utilized in the ebook formatting.

Tom's link to LIz Castro's epubsecrets site is worthwhile, in addition to Liz authoring an HTML/CSS hard-copy book and a downloadable ($) ePub how-to guide. If you want control over your document formatting, you will need to invest time and experiment for knowledge gain.

Safari and implicitly Google is your friend. Usually you can search for “HTML center text,” or “CSS text align,” to find help.

Examples centering poetry using google search: center poetry with HTML CSS

Gary Turner

Pigs, Gourds, and Wikis

How do I format an ePub document to make my poetry centered and aligned? Having trouble figuring it out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.