Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture forcing opening in iPhoto

I have a library of 100G that used to work fine = but I tried to open it just now - it's ver 3.4.3 and all fine, I thought, but on trying to open it I get the following message -- it says I need to open this iPhoto library first in 9+ - but it's not an iPhoto library = I have very few of those = I only use Aperture if possible and this for sure was never an iPhoto Library = in fact I checked GetInfo to be sure

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

So what can I do now ==?? I

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 10:48 AM

How did you try to open the Aperture Library, Victoria?

Did you double-click it in the Finder and then get this message?

If that does does not work, can you open it with the Aperture Library First Aid Tools, by holding down the key combination⌥⌘ and double-clicking?

If the above does not help, try Frank Caggiano's tip and remove the iPhotoLock.data from your Aperture Library, but be careful, not to delete anything else. Do you have any backup of your Aperture Library at all? See:

Re: aperture library will not open

Regards

Léonie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2013 10:48 AM in response to Victoria Herring

How did you try to open the Aperture Library, Victoria?

Did you double-click it in the Finder and then get this message?

If that does does not work, can you open it with the Aperture Library First Aid Tools, by holding down the key combination⌥⌘ and double-clicking?

If the above does not help, try Frank Caggiano's tip and remove the iPhotoLock.data from your Aperture Library, but be careful, not to delete anything else. Do you have any backup of your Aperture Library at all? See:

Re: aperture library will not open

Regards

Léonie

Aperture forcing opening in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.