Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to get some photos from a recent backup I did on iCloud.

Is there a way to access that info without having to reset my phone (the "erase all content and settings" option) and restore from the iCloud backup?
I had PhotoStream OFF by the way, so that is not an option.

If it matters, the phone is normal-- Not jailbroken or anything, and I don't intend to.

If the answer to the question above is no, then will my text conversations/downloaded apps (current to the time of my last backup, of course) be recovered if I erase all content and settings and restore from the iCloud backup?

I've never had to use the backup feature before and am nervous I'll lose something important. I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere, but I've been Googling for hours a definitive answer and am exhausted. So please save any grumpiness you have over seeing my same dumb questions popping up in the forums, I already know it's a nuisance, lawl. :c

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 12:22 PM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

You can only do a full restore. If in any doubt, back up via iTunes before you use your iCloud back up, that way you can still restore to where you are now if there's a problem with the iCloud back up.

2 replies

I need to get some photos from a recent backup I did on iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.