Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot access wifi thoughout my house on my iPad. Is that an airport issue or a Comcast issue?

I cannot access wifi on my iPad3 throughout my house, only within close range of my airport. I have Comcast Xfinity and should be able to access wifi anywhere in my house. Is my problem an airport issue or an issue with Comcast?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 12:47 PM

1 reply

Feb 4, 2013 3:31 PM in response to Susan Saav

Typically this would be an issue with the wireless router. Most likely the culprit is not the router itself but limitations to its signal due to Wi-Fi interference. Two major causes of this type of interference is other Wi-Fi networks and obstacles. (Think of a wireless router as a light bulb. Anything that comes between this light source and you would reduce the light's intensity and would be considered an obstacle.) For Wi-Fi, this can be walls, floors, ceilings, metal cabinets, sheet rock, etc.)

Sometimes just simply relocating the router will make a big difference in the overall coverage. However, when that is not enough, one option would be to extend your current AirPort with another. This is known as an extended wireless network.

I cannot access wifi thoughout my house on my iPad. Is that an airport issue or a Comcast issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.